East Liverpool Police Reports

Chase Joseph William Murphy, 25, no address listed, was charged with operating a vehicle impaired and marijuana paraphernalia after police were called at 3:59 a.m. Saturday to Elizabeth Street where a man was found passed out at the wheel of his car in the middle of the street. The man, identified as Murphy, was slumped forward with his foot firmly on the brake, but with the vehicle still in drive with the ignition on. Police beat on the window multiple times before the driver woke up, still groggy and confused. He was asked to roll down the window and unlock the door and only looked at the officer and shrugged his shoulders. He was asked to place the car in park, which he did, then the doors unlocked and an officer was able to reach in and take the keys out of the ignition. The driver tried to claim he was coming home from work and was just tired, but then said work was done at 6 p.m. and officers could smell the odor of alcohol and found a glass marijuana smoking bowl on the passenger side floor after smelling marijuana. A marijuana grinder with marijuana residue, a package of rolling papers and two plastic bags with very small amounts of marijuana residue found. Murphy was released to his mother after his arrest.

John Easterday, 29, of Wilbert Avenue, was charged with domestic violence and taken to the Columbiana County jail after police were called to the residence for a domestic at 3:18 a.m. Saturday. The female involved called back on an open 911 line and said the male was cutting himself with a screwdriver and upon arrival, police could hear yelling upstairs and the female saying she was trapped in the bedroom. Both she and the male said they were trapped so officers kicked the door in and placed the male, Easterday, in handcuffs and spoke to the female, who said they were arguing and he became extremely angry and got in her face. She said he choked her and grabbed her by the arms. They live together and have an 8-month-old child together and she also said she’s pregnant. There were physical marks on both of them. Easterday originally told police that the female became angry with him and attacked him, but after they were both arrested, he said he lied and harmed himself. She was then released.

Morgan Cox, 32, no address listed, was cited for public intoxication and released to a sober driver after police were dispatched at 1:56 a.m. Saturday to the New Dimension Bar on Anderson Boulevard for a male who allegedly threatened to shoot his girlfriend and then the rest of the bar. He was seen across the street and ordered to come to police and show his hands. He started walking toward the officer with hands up but as he got closer began to lower them to his waistline and was ordered at gunpoint to show his hands, which he did. He was ordered to the ground and put in handcuffs. Police could smell alcohol coming from him and found no weapons. His vehicle was also searched for weapons after people at the bar said he had gone to his vehicle, but no weapons were found. The girlfriend said they had an argument and he threatened her but she did not want to press charges.

A caller at 8:16 p.m. Friday reported seeing a male strike a child that was not his in the area of Blakely Street. The male in question told police the child pushed his 8-year-old son and he yelled at the child but did not touch him in any manner.

n Police were called at 8:13 p.m. Friday to St. Clair Avenue for a male appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, falling over sideways and acting funny. Police spoke to the male who was having a medical emergency. Officers stood by until he was transported by ambulance.

A clerk at Smith Oil on St. Clair Avenue reported at 7:53 p.m. Friday that a male was acting suspicious, saying he pulled up to the gas pumps then stood around like he was looking at traffic going by. A short time later, he came in and just stood in the lobby, then asked for change for a dollar so he could use the air pump, then left and did not get air in his tire. She said he was a passenger in a new SUV and the driver was a female who never got out or pumped any gas. They left headed in the direction of Calcutta.

Officers were dispatched at 6:57 p.m. Friday to the 1000 block of Huston Street for a disturbance and then after speaking to a group had reason to believe some of the people involved fled to an address on Laura Avenue, with no answer. An officer noticed a pickup and boat trailer parked in the alley beside the house, blocking the alley, in an area marked with no parking signs. The truck did not have any plates and both the truck and the trailer was expired. When a tow truck arrived, a man came out and said just him and a female were there, but then admitted there was another male, whom police understood had multiple warrants. William Jacquet, 25, no address listed, was taken into custody on the warrant and picked up by a sheriff’s deputy.

Officers were called at 6:41 p.m. Friday for a disturbance in an apartment in the 300 block of Market Street where a woman said a male and female were in her apartment smoking meth. She handed officers a container with meth and smoking instruments inside. She said they left when she said she was calling police. They were not found.

Shane Lee Potts, 29, no address listed, was charged with obstructing after yelling at officers who were investigating a domestic in the 700 block of Avondale Street at 3:09 a.m. Friday, where a woman had punched the window while fighting with her boyfriend, Todd Hawthorne, who ended up arrested for domestic violence after another incident later on. This time she signed a refusal for medical treatment and didn’t want to cooperate. Potts had walked up and began yelling at her and then officers after being told to calm down. The incident was being sent to the prosecutor for consideration of domestic violence charges, but then there was a second incident when Hawthorne was charged.

Kylie Dawn Conrad, 24, of East Fifth Street, was charged with obstructing after police were called at 4:04 a.m. Friday for a noise complaint and heard a female screaming. She was told she needed to quiet down and responded it was her property and she could be as loud as she wanted to be. She refused officer commands several times and was being belligerent and finally gave her identification and then was refusing to give the last four digits of her social security number as requested and was arrested. While being placed in cruiser, the report said she remembered her number.