Wellsville Police Reports

Police were called around 9:39 p.m. Saturday to a Lisbon Road residence for a possible domestic violence situation. Upon arrival, officers spoke with Sadie Gamble and Herbert Lockhart, to which officers learned no physical violence took place. Gamble and Lockhart had split up and she wanted to retrieve her belongings, to which her parents and Ray Rice Towing assisted. Lockhart stated the parents were not permitted in the home, but Gamble was allowed, she was escorted by officers and did not take anything that belonged to him. Gamble was able to retrieve her mattress, air fryer and clothes.

Police were called at around 8:21 p.m. Oct. 28 to a Chester Avenue home regarding a disturbance. Officers spoke with Kaelynn Duncan, who stated her boyfriend, listed only as “Kendall” on the report, pushed and slapped her while the two were on the street. Officers observed a scratch on her knee and elbow. The boyfriend was not at the residence at the time of officers’ arrival. Duncan was provided a statement form. She was also advised as to how to obtain a protection order. An investigation is pending.

Police were called at 4 a.m. Tuesday to a Main Street residence, where they met with Dottie Betz. Upon arrival, Betz advised police she was attempting to take a bike rack off the back of her car when she noticed a large piece of plastic appearing to be from the bumper of a car. No damage was reported, but Betz requested a report filed in case the rack was bent and needed replaced.

Police were called at 8:14 p.m. Monday to a home on First Street regarding a man who was supposedly homicidal and threatening to shoot up the McDonald’s on Lisbon Street, across the street from the residence. The call came from a Ravenna, Ohio, woman in regard to her son, named on the report, living on First Street. Officers arrived at the home and knocked on the door for several minutes, but were unable to make contact. Officers spoke several times to his mother who was on the phone with him to have him answer the door. Officers then contacted Chief Ed Wilson, who arrived on scene. After several minutes, Wilson made contact with the man on the phone, and the man finally spoke with officers. Wilson then drove the man to the police station. His case worker was contacted, and a conversation was initiated. The man later was transported back to his residence without further incident. An ambulance was on stand-by. Because of the perceived threat, McDonald’s was closed for a short time but reopened about two hours after the call was made.