Area Briefing

SOI fish fry

WELLSVILLE — The Sons of Italy carryout fish fry is 4-7 p.m. Friday, March 27. Call (330)532-1927.

St. Anthony Club carryout dinners

MIDLAND, Pa. — Carryout dinners will be available from noon to 5 p.m., Sunday, March 29 at St. Anthony Club, 561 Beaver Ave.

$10, spaghetti and meatballs

$15, chicken parm w/side of spaghetti.

$10, meatball sub w/side of spaghetti.

$10, sausage sub w/peppers, onion and side of spaghetti.

Must call ahead and place order. 724-643-1820.

Carryout containers will be furnished by St. Anthony Club.

CAA gets nearly $63K more

The Community Action Agency is receiving some additional funding to help its community health clinics deal with the impact of the coronavirus crisis. U.S. Rep. Bill Johnson, R-Marietta, announced Wednesday the $62,954 awarded the CAA was from the initial coronavirus bill approved by Congress earlier in the month. The measure included $100 million for community health centers nationwide, which included the CAA. Johnson said the money for is for additional supplies, more testing and to expand the use of telemedicine to combat the impact of the coronavirus. “We must continue to support our medical professionals and hospitals so they can effectively combat this deadly virus, and this funding is a step in the right direction in assisting local communities,” he said, in a news release.

Most recorder records online

County Recorder Theresa Bosel has worked to increase remote accessibility to office records, and now almost all records are completely accessible online. Prior to these changes, only records dating back to 2013 were available online. Some social security numbers may have been missed by the redaction software in the process of making more records accessible, and the public is asked to let the office know when this occurs. Any record that cannot be found online can still be obtained by mail. Requests by mail must include the document type being requested, book and page number, a self-addressed stamped envelope and $2 per page. For further details about how to obtain these records and military discharge documents go to columbianacountyrecorder.org.