Wellsville could get fiscal approval
The state’s Financial Planning and Supervision Commission meeting will meet via virtual technology at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in Wellsville Village Hall to consider releasing the village of Wellsville from fiscal emergency.
EL court still closed due to COVID
East Liverpool Municipal Court remains closed through Monday, Nov. 30 due to the pandemic, according to Judge Dominic Frank. He added that when it does open, the only way in and out of city hall will be through the handicapped entrance on the police department side of the building.
St. Anthony offering take out dinners
St. Anthony Club, 561 Beaver Ave., Midland, Pa., will sell take out dinners from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Cost is $15 for stuffed steak roll up with gravy, vegetable, potato and dessert; or pasta, country style ribs in sauce, vegetable and dessert. Orders must be ordered ahead at 724-643-1820. Pick up is at the side door. Public is welcome.
Scout Pack 43 cancels November meetings
Cub Scout Pack 43 has decided to cancel the remaining meetings for November, given the status of East Liverpool schools. According to the pack’s social media page, officials believed that it was prudent to take these actions. Scouts can still work on their requirements and awards at home, and share them with leaders so they can receive credit. Leaders reminded families that the Home Scouting program is still available at no cost, which can provide additional resources.
Living Well plans Thanksgiving meal
Living Well Church in Wellsville will hold a free Thanksgiving dinner featuring turkey with all the fixings for carry out from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday. Home delivery will be available from 4 to 5:30 p.m. To reserve a meal call 330-382-9653 by today and leave a name and phone number. Living Well Church is located at the corner of 17th Street and Maple Avenue.
ELSD announces its upcoming lunch slate
East Liverpool City School District families and students can pick up lunches for anyone in the household under age 18, receiving seven breakfasts and seven lunches for one week.
The pickup will be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday; Friday; and Nov. 24 at the building closest to one’s home or child’s school. Locations are:
– Junior/Senior High School – bus lane
– North – rear door near cafeteria
– LaCroft – bus lane
– Westgate – main entrance near Patterson Field and use door near kitchen.
A staff member will deliver to vehicles.
Delivery also is available on the same dates and times if you wish to utilize that option.
– Ohio Avenue and playground 11 a.m. to noon
– Pennsylvania Avenue and Erie Street noon to 1 p.m.
– Mulberry Avenue and St. George Avenue 11 a.m. to noon
– Fourth Street and Jackson Street Noon to 1 pm.
– Woodland Hills 11 a.m. to 12 noon
– Orchard Grove Avenue and Northside Church 12 noon to 1 p.m.
– Minerva Avenue and Nazarene Church 11 a.m. to noon
– Hill Boulevard and St. John Church Noon to 1 p.m.
– Northside Avenue and Croft Tri-State Church 11 a.m. to noon
– Lisbon Street and Glenmoor Presby. Church Noon to 1 p.m.
– Heights Manor 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.