Hancock County Courthouse reopening protocol announced
The Hancock County Courthouse will reopen to the public on Tuesday, May 26.
As a convenience for patrons, the Lock Box in the lobby will remain. People are asked to continue to perform the business they can on-line, by phone, or through the Lock Box. Research of records will be available by appointment by calling each office directly. If you are feeling ill, have a temperature, shortness of breath, or other COVID-19 symptoms please stay home.
For the safety of our employees and customers, and to allow for proper social distancing, the following rules will be enforced:
1. Follow the social distancing guidelines issued by the state, using the markings on the ground. Please do not crowd the door, it will only slow the process for everyone.
2. People entering the courthouse will be required to have a mask or face covering. Children under the age of 2 or residents with proof of medical problems may be exempted if the courthouse is not busy. Coverings and/or masks must be worn when in all common areas.
3. Non-employees will be asked to provide an ID and tell the Security personnel what office they need to go to.
4. If available, a “Hall Pass” for that office will be given to the individual. The passes will be restricted by the number of people who can fit in each office while allowing the proper social distancing. If no pass for the office requested is available, the customer will be asked to provide a cell phone number and to return to their car until called. If called by security and not immediately available to enter, your name will be removed from the list.
5. If a Hall Pass for the office is available, the customer will be asked to clean their hands with the hand sanitizer provided, have their temperature taken by Security, and pass through the security screening.
6. Once in the building, please proceed directly to the office and perform the business you are in the courthouse to perform.
7. When finished conducting business, please return to the entrance and give your Hall Pass to the Security personnel.
For all legal proceedings, you will be provided with additional information from the court prior to the date you are to appear.
Thank you for your participation and understanding during this time