Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Ads | Home RSS
 
 
 

Woodburner suspected cause of weekend fire

December 31, 2013
By DEVIN BEZEREDI - Salineville Reporter (dbezeredi@reviewonline.com) , The Review

SALINEVILLE-An overloaded woodburner is the suspected cause of a fire Saturday that gutted the interior of a Church Street home.

The Salineville Volunteer Fire Department responded to a blaze at the double-wide home at approximately 8 p.m. and received mutual aid from the Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Department. Lon Kellog, who rents the property from owner Kevin Beadnel, was able to escape the blaze without injury. Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control with fire hoses, but not before the structure sustained heavy damage, according to Salineville Fire Chief Jeff Lewis. No firefighters were injured while battling the blaze..

Lewis said it appears that the woodburner was overloaded and became overheated, causing the interior of the home to burst into flames, though the cause is still under investigation. Lewis said he believes that Beadnel has insurance on the property. However, many of Kellog's possessions inside the home that were lost in the fire are not insured. The Red Cross has been contacted to assist Kellog in finding a place to stay.

Article Photos

This rental property on Church Street sustained heavy damage after an overloaded woodburner caused the interior to burn Saturday afternoon. The home was being rented by Lon Kellog from Kevin Beadnel. Salineville Fire Chief Jeff Lewis says he believes the home is insured. (Photo by Devin Bezeredi)

"People with woodburners need to be mindful not to overload them and make sure their chimney is clean," said Lewis.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web