EAST LIVERPOOL - A fast stop by city firefighters helped minimize damage from a fire that started in the attic area of a house on Louise Street Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters arrived at the home of Warren Broadsword, 809 Louise Street, to find smoke billowing out the front vent of the attic area and a third alarm was sounded.
They entered the attic and extinguished a blaze there before opening up a ceiling and wall in a bedroom where fire had extended after dropping from the attic. They were also able to extinguish that blaze and contain it to the bedroom area.
There was moderate damage to the ceiling and wall in the bedroom and some water damage to the ceiling and wall in a hallway.
"They had a real good stop on it," assistant Chief Tim Walker said.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be a short in an electrical wire, and Broadsword had pulled the electric meter to terminate power to the house.
According to fire officials, the home is not insured.