Firefighters were called to the home on Lindsey Peterson, Brookfield Avenue, in regard to a possible chimney fire at 1:57 a.m. Thursday. It turned out the odor was coming from a malfunctioning furnace.
Firefighters responded to a report of someone burning a truck load of garbage at a rental property on Steubenville Pike at 3:53 p.m. Sunday. The renter, Jason Dotson, was found to be burning trash, and the blaze was extinguished by the fire department.
Firefighters were called to the home on Doris Grafton, state Route 164 (north) at 7:08 p.m. Thursday in regard to her carbon monoxide detector, which turned out needed new batteries.