No longer a client
It is with a heavy heart I write this letter. For many years I have sought to support Community Action Agency of Columbiana County by utilizing the medical facilities at the East Liverpool and Lisbon Community Health Care Centers. I have been a paying client with private insurance for more than ten years.
I was sad when Dr. Ahmed resigned which was several years ago, however I continued the course and was pleased with Nurses, Nikki and Sara.
In January of 2013 I had an office visit and provided secondary insurance information proving dual coverage.
In May of 2013 I had an appointment and in December of 2013 I received a bill for services from May in the amount of $ 155.00. I telephoned both of my insurance companies and discovered that on the primary insurance the bill was not coded properly and the secondary insurance as not billed.
I have not paid the bill as of this date and I will, if indeed I owe it. I am a paying client with private insurance.
I am sending this letter to Carol Bretz as she is the executive director of CAA since there are a few more things I’d like to share from my personal experience with the centers.
1. Please visit the East Liverpool and Lisbon locations, they really are not clean, especially in the waiting areas, the walls and chairs are not sanitary. This is not overnight this is months of not cleaning. Actually the exam rooms aren’t all that clean.
2. There is no privacy when checking in or out, you should consider a different set up, the most recent appointment I had there was a lady beside me that knew my business since I and the lady beside me was advised that my service was not covered under my insurance and if I paid that day I would receive a 20% discount. Therefore I did pay that day. (How about a discount on the $155 if it’s found that I owe that as well?)
3. Upon Dr. Ahmed resigning I have not been seen by a Dr. and only the nurses (I have no issues personally with the nurses but I do think that on an EOB it listed a Dr. Cola and when I called billing to question this I was advised that an appointment could be set up for me to see a Doctor.
4. My most recent and I am telling you my last visit, I will not be back and I will not recommend private or Medicaid insured people that I know to support these centers for the reasons I’ve listed.
5. I think the person (s) in charge have become complacent this is why you have such a high turnover and your key people are leaving. I think the writing is on the wall. I hope I’m wrong for the sake of the people who don’t know any better and continue to be clients.
Vicki L. Watson-Smith