Officers on patrol Monday saw a man checking underneath the hood of a vehicle at the corner of Aten and Maple avenues and asked him what was going on. The man said his vehicle was losing oil and his friend had just gone to a local gas station to get some. Knowing the gas station was already closed for the day, and having witnessed the other man walk into a known drug house, the officers asked the man his name and checked for warrants. The man, Bryan Nurmi, no age or address listed, was taken into custody on an outstanding warrant for failure to appear. His vehicle was towed by Thrashers.


Called to the parking lot of Save-A-Lot July 12 for a vehicle that struck a building and other vehicle, Patrolman Salvatore Scarafile was advised by witnesses the driver had left on foot, missing a shoe. Scarafile located the driver, Dustin Carr, 30, Lincoln Avenue, walking behind a garage toward the 200 block of Broadway, limping and missing a shoe. He also smelled of alcohol, according to reports. Witnesses reported the vehicle had struck the house then reversed, striking a vehicle owned by Linda Householder, Wood Street, which was pushed into a Jeep owned by Allison Walker, Chester, W.Va., before the driver and a female passenger left on foot. Entering the house, Scarafile found Robert Wetzel sleeping upstairs, unaware that his house had been struck. He said Carr had stayed there the previous night but did not have permission to use his truck. Carr was cited with physical control, failure to control, failure to report an accident and unauthorized use of a vehicle.

Joe Saraniti reported a vehicle owned by his girlfriend, Sarah Hall, Maple Avenue, had been keyed overnight Sunday, with two deep scratches on the driver’s door and a single scratch on the passenger side door. There were also scratches on the trunk and bumper.

Officers responded to Commerce Street for a noise complaint Wednesday and heard two women being extremely loud. They were told to quiet down. Two hours later, officers were called back to the same residence, where they heard yelling from inside, and they charged Amy Jo Delauder for persistent disorderly conduct.

Officers responded Saturday to My Bar on Main Street where a woman had overdosed in an upstairs apartment. She was found lying on a couch with shallow breathing, passed out with a fresh needle mark on her left hand. Tri-County ambulance arrived on the scene and administered Narcan, an antidote, and the woman revived in about 30 seconds. The woman, Amy Corak, no age or address listed, was advised to come to the police station when released from the hospital to be charged or a warrant would be issued.

Cindy Dalrymple, 8th Street, reported she returned home to find her cable television box ripped from the side of her house.

Paul Haught, Mick Road, flagged down a police officer at 12th and Main streets Monday to report he was southbound when a boy on a bicycle hit the side of his vehicle. The 11-year-old boy told officers he was not injured, and he was taken home in the cruiser and released to his stepmother.

Officers responded to an accident in the McDonald’s parking lot Sunday where Bethany Vandyke, Main Street, reported she was moving forward in the drive-through and bumped into the rear of a vehicle owned by Connie Carmichael, 10th Street.


Officers responded to a Broadway resident who said drug activity was taking place upstairs in the bedroom and he wanted them to check on it. A man who came downstairs advised officers that Casey Cunningham was upstairs, and they determined she had an outstanding warrant. A silver pipe with a burned end was found on the bed between Cunningham and another woman. Cunningham was taken into custody on the warrant, and the other woman will be served with an arrest warrant.

Tiffany Todd, West Street, reported a vehicle owned by the state of Ohio was stolen from her driveway. It was locked but her personal vehicle was not and there was an extra key to the stolen vehicle in it. The stolen vehicle contained a state debit card, GPS, phone charger, boots, hard hat and safety glasses. The vehicle was later found by Steubenville police in a private lot.

While northbound on Broadway, Robert Highman, address not listed, struck a parked truck that was parked against the flow of traffic with the bed partially in the roadway. The unoccupied truck was owned by Martin Moody Jr., Commerce Street, who was issued a citation.

Responding to Broadway for a fight call, officers found Morgan Cox and Allen Dean arguing. They spoke with Rebecca Ammon, Cox’s girlfriend, who said Morgan assaulted her by hitting her in the head while they were driving. When they arrived at the house on Broadway, he assaulted her again, Ammon reported. Dean told officers that Ammon tried to get back into the car and leave but Morgan jumped in the back seat and started choking her and assaulted her again. Ammon had marks on her neck, according to reports.

Officers were called to the river bank just below Third and Riverside for a possible dead body, where they found Joseph Robinson, no age or address listed, lying on the ground with a hypodermic needle sticking out of his arm. He awoke and asked what was going on, according to reports. Officers found another needle sticking out of his jeans pocket and a burnt piece of metal can lying beside him. He was charged with possession of drug abuse instruments.


Frank Pusateri called at 2:55 p.m. July 7 to report that a dark green push lawn mower had been stolen from the back yard of his Clark Avenue residence after being left unattended for 20 minutes.

Kevin Jackson reported at 3 p.m. July 7 that a passenger-side window had been broken out of his 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt sometime overnight, and that a bag with work items and an iPhone had been stolen from the vehicle.

Police were called to the 17th Street home of Joey Lucas on July 8. He had taken video of a fight in front of his home the previous night, during which a landscaping stone from his property had been picked up and thrown at another person. Officers identified Derek Thompson with the stone, which broke after he threw it. Thompson, who had left his phone at the scene, came to the station to collect his phone and received charges for criminal damaging.

Police responded to a disturbance at an Independence Square residence at 12:06 p.m. July 10. Inside, Nick Faulk stated that a “Jeremy” from next door had assaulted him, punching him in the face. Officers spoke with neighbors, who stated that Faulk had been assaulting his girlfriend, Rachel Lawson, and that Jeremy had stepped in to assist Lawson. Jeremy was gone when officers arrived. Faulk refused an ambulance when offered, and was informed that he had violated a no-trespass warning and would be charged with trespassing once released from the hospital. He was warned not to trespass on Housing Authority property again.

Melissa Ramsey came to the station at 9 a.m. July 10, stating that someone had stolen money from her purse. Ramsey said she left the door unlocked for her son to get in. She also stated that someone used her driver’s license to withdraw $39.52 from her bank account. Officers went to the bank to view the security footage and advised Ramsey to lock her doors from now on.


Theft was reported by Tanya Powell of Main Street at 12:30 p.m. July 2. She stated that between 4 and 7 a.m. that day, the apartment she shares with her boyfriend, Brian Crammer, had been entered while they slept. They awoke to find medication, a carton of cigarettes and $20 cash missing. At 2:30 p.m., Powell called to report a second break-in had occurred, with a cell phone and change from a bank taken this time.

n A burglary was reported at the Chester Avenue residence of William Moore at 10:20 a.m. June 30. The back door of the home had been kicked open between 4:30 and 10:20 a.m. Missing items included an antique pocket watch, a Timex wristwatch, a gold wedding ring and some cologne.


Police were dispatched to the Maple Avenue home of Anita Kavanagh at 7:10 a.m. July 6. A neighbor had noticed a swastika spray-painted on her front porch between 4 and 5 a.m., notified her and covered it with a piece of cardboard for her.

Chance Osborn came to the station at 8:30 p.m. July 5 and reported that a 12-gauge H&R shotgun had been stolen from his Clark Avenue home between noon July 4 and 8 p.m. July 5.

While on patrol on 18th Street at 8 p.m. July 5, police conducted a traffic stop on a green sedan in Independence Square for failing to stop at the stop sign at 18th and Commerce streets. The driver, Benny Eastham, stated he did not have a license and handed the officer a state I.D. card. Confirming a suspension with dispatch, the officer cited Eastham for driving under suspension and the stop sign violation. The vehicle was released to its owner, the passenger.

Scott Deitch of Henry Avenue reported at 2 p.m. July 3 that between midnight and 5 a.m. that day, a Garmin GPS, a case of Dr. Pepper and three phone chargers had been stolen from his unlocked 2011 Chevrolet Impala.

An officer on patrol conducted a stop at 6:59 p.m. July 3, on a blue Ford Focus at Seventh Street and Main for excessively dark window tint. While speaking with the driver, Anthony Powell of Chester Avenue, the officer noted a smell of marijuana from inside the vehicle, and Powell confirmed he had smoked a gram minutes beforehand. He also admitted to not wearing his seat belt. A search of the vehicle turned up two baggies of suspected marijuana under the driver’s seat. The car was impounded, and Powell was taken to the station, where he was cited for OVI, window tint and no seat belt, and charged with drug abuse.

Officers were dispatched at 5:44 p.m. July 3 to the Lincoln Avenue residence of Alexandria Mason, who told officers that her child’s father, Neil Blubaugh of Beaver Falls, had threatened to kill her a week prior if she filed for child support from him. Mason was concerned because Blubaugh was to be served the following day. Mason was advised on how to file a protection order and told to contact police if he threatened her again or showed up at her residence.