Liverpool Township

Officers responded to Stagecoach Road Tuesday morning for an assault, where they were advised by John Coleman, 58, that a pickup truck pulled into the cul-de-sac and, when he told the driver that it was private property, the man said there were no signs declaring it private property.

Coleman told the man to leave and went to turn around, saying the man then struck him in the head with an object.

Two juveniles reportedly saw the man strike Coleman.

A truck matching the description given by Coleman was stopped by sheriff’s deputies in Negley, and a township officer spoke with the driver, John Vidovich III, 36, Midland, Pa., who said he had been hauling sawdust from the Stagecoach Road property for four months.

Vidovich told officers Coleman approached him on a four-wheeler, cussing and threatening to kill him, coming into his truck after him, which is when he grabbed an object and struck him.

Vidovich was charged with assault.

liverpool township

David Anderson, Lisbon Street, reported he paid a company $2,250 of the $4,500 cost to put a new roof on his house and that workers did some work but did not return to complete the work. He called to complain, so some workers put tarps on his roof during Sunday’s rain storm and then returned Tuesday to do some more work, but took their tools without completing the job. He said they did a poor job on the remainder of the roof and his calls to the company have gone unanswered. Anderson was advised he will need to contact an attorney since this is a civil matter.

Liverpool Township

The Tri-State Free Methodist Camp, 1027 Anderson Blvd., reported the theft of two microphones from the stage area during youth camp on June 26. A laptop computer had been moved to a pew beside the exit. The campers and staff were swimming at the Thompson Park pool at the time. Liverpool Township police said they would make extra checks during family camp, which began on Thursday.

Patricia Ann McEldowney, 33, of Orchard Street, reported the theft of a rear license plate from a minivan on June 28.