East Liverpool Police

After being called twice to Vine Street in the early morning hours Tuesday, officers arrested James S. Price, 45, Vine Street, for disorderly conduct/intoxication. According to reports, Price had been involved at just before 2 a.m. in an incident in front of Scotty’s Bar, where he was knocked to the ground by patrons after an altercation with the bartender. Price was given a ride home from the bar by police officers, who were called 30 minutes later back to Price’s house, where they reported he had been standing outside yelling profanities. He promised to go inside, but they were called back in 20 minutes for the same actions, at which time they arrested Price.

Responding Wednesday morning to Heights Manor for a report of a hit and run, officers found a vehicle in a ditch, with the driver still inside with glassy eyes and smelling of alcohol. While patting down driver Robert A. Endres, 25, Steubenville Pike, Lisbon, officers reported finding marijuana in his pocket. He was cited for OVI, leaving the scene, failure to control and possession of marijuana.

East Liverpool Police

A vehicle driven by Ashley Blewitt, 25, of Erie Street, reportedly was backing from a driveway along Dodge Street on July 4 when it struck a vehicle, traveling west, and driven by Randy S. Douds, 23, of Dodge Street.

Only July 4, a vehicle driven by Toni A. Donnelly, 43, of Winona Road, Salem, reportedly failed to negotiate a turn on Route 11 northbound, striking the concrete median. The vehicle was towed from scene. Donnelly was taken to City Hospital with injuries.

On July 7, a vehicle driven by Gail M. Copestick, 59, of Old Irondale Road, Wellsville, reportedly was struck by a vehicle driven by George W. Seamon, 73, of Seamon Road, Richmond, Ohio, as the Copestick vehicle was merging into traffic from the West Eighth Street ramp onto state Route 11 north. Damage was reported to both vehicles.

A traffic accident involving Alfred J. Tambellini, 85, of Thompson Avenue, and Sandra J. Williams, 55, of Independence Square, Wellsville, occurred July 3 as the Williams vehicle was backing from a private driveway and the Tambellini vehicle was traveling along Pennsylvania Avenue.

Joanne M. Anderson, no address listed, reported July 7 her unlocked vehicle, parked along Smithfield Street, was entered and her purse, containing $400 in cash, a $450 check, and other personal items, including her driver’s license, was removed.

Christen Bell, no address, was taken into custody July 3 on an unspecified arrest warrant while at the police department and transported to County Jail.

Police received a noise complaint July 1 about a group of people outside the entrance to Berdine’s, a bar at Sixth and Jackson streets. The group was told to go back inside and one unnamed male was transported by police to his home on Trentvale Street.

Tracy J. Blakeley, Cadmus Street, reported July 4 her home may have been entered while she was away. Locks on a window were reportedly broken, and two individuals – a male and female – reportedly ran from the home when spotted by another individual. She was advised to make a list of any missing items.

Dennis Byers II, no address, was transported to the police department and served an unspecified active warrant July 1 after police responded to an incident at an Oakwood Street address.

A Green Lane resident was taken July 5 to City Hospital for treatment after appearing “very weak, had no balance and slurred words.”

A vehicle parked July 7 along Long Alley, but with no license plate, was towed, and the registered owner, discovered using the VIN number, was issued a citation.

Robert T. DeSarro, Michigan Street, reported July 3 someone known to him reportedly took $300 from his bank account. He was advised to speak with the law director.

Denise K. Elbert, Ohio Avenue, reported July 7 she had been receiving harassing phone calls from someone known to her.

Brandon M. Fike, no address, reported July 1 he was assaulted by an unknown individual while walking on Avondale Street.

Police responded July 1 to an incident along Walnut Street where Zack Lyons, no address, and Tyler Fullerton, no address, each claimed to being “attacked” by the other. Two witnesses also had differing accounts of the incident. Both Lyons and Fullerton were advised on how to file possible charges.

Floyd E. Gilmore, no address, reported July 1 that he and his wife were robbed by two unknown white males while at the Broadway Wharf. He described the assailants as both dressed in black clothing, and between 5-foot-8 and 5-10. One was stocky with longish hair and the other was thin. One was wearing a headlamp. They were carrying a white bucket and were last seen headed up Broadway on foot. Gilmore said his wallet, containing $400 in cash and other personal items, was taken.

Dennis J. Hartley, Palissey Street, reported July 2 he is being harassed, via phone, by someone known to him.

Ronald A. Hayes, West 6th Street, reported July 2 that railing from his front porch was damaged and removed.

Dora R. Husk, no address, reported July 3 someone known to her had damaged her son’s residence along Beechwood Street, including a sunflower plant being pulled from the ground and a row of hedges broken off.

Officers responded July 5 to a fight on West 4th Street involving David Jackson and Brad Dearth. Jackson reportedly grabbed Dearth’s mother during an altercation which resulted in Dearth and Jackson fighting. Jackson was taken to City Hospital for treatment of injuries.

A traffic stop July 5 along Broadway Street resulted in the arrest of Scott Kaltenbach Jr., no address, the driver of the vehicle, and Blakely Cooper, no address, a passenger. According to reports, the vehicle was turning right on Broadway from East 6th Street, and failed to use a turn signal. The officer pulled the vehicle over and when confronting the driver, Kaltenbach admitted to no driver’s license. Warrants were checked on all three occupants of the vehicle, and the check verified a warrant for Cooper, the middle passenger. As Kaltenbach was exiting the vehicle, so Cooper could be taken into custody on the unnamed county warrant, a glass crack pipe reportedly fell from his lap and hit the ground. Kaltenbach was placed under arrest for drug paraphernalia, as well as cited for driving under suspension, no working tail light and no turn signal. The vehicle was towed from the scene.

Police were dispatched July 4 to a neighborhood dispute along McKinnon Avenue. Those involved were advised on how to file charges.

Sherry S. Knight, no address, reported July 7 that her unlocked vehicle was entered while it was parked along St. George St. She reported her purse, containing identification and other personal items, was removed.

Amber Matthews, West 4th Street, reported July 2 that a male known to her entered her residence and assaulted her, striking her in the face and the chest.

Joseph Mercer, no address, reported July 6 the windshield of his vehicle was smashed while it was parked at the lower football field in Thompson Park. He stated it appeared the damage was the result of a rock or a ball.

Jabero Omaishat, no address, reported July 1 he has been receiving threatening text messages on his cell phone.

Allen R. Pegg, no address, reported July 2, while driving his vehicle westbound along state Route 39, the occupants of another vehicle, with a Pennsylvania license plate, threw a water bottle which struck his driver’s side door and tossed an open can which bounced off his windshield. The vehicle was last seen traveling north on state Route 11.

A criminal trespass warrant was requested by police for Robert K. Barrett, no address, who, July 7, reportedly entered the East 6th Street home of Susan I. Pritt and smashed an entertainment stand. In another report, this one on July 5, Pritt reported receiving a phone call from Barrett while she was at work in which Barrett stated he had taken several items from her home. An officer met Pritt at her home, and she stated it appeared as if someone had been there, and she explained how she believed the person entered the home. Pritt was then escorted to another residence because she stated she did not feel safe. She was advised to make a list of missing items, as well as how to file charges.

An unidentified male was transported July 1 to City Hospital after police received a call from ABC Carryout, Pennsylvania Avenue, about a man bleeding from the leg. Officers said the man had a deep cut near his left ankle, which he said was caused by a broken beer bottle.

An incident was reported July 5 involving the landlord of apartments along East 6th Street and a tenant.

Tabithan Rockhold, Wilbert Avenue, reported July 6 that a kitchen window was discovered open and two tablet computers left on her kitchen table were missing.

Ricky A. Rue, St. George Street, reported July 3 that a juvenile took her cell phone from the porch of her residence.

Chris J. Russell, Ohio Avenue, reported July 2 he was punched in the right eye by a male known to him, causing a minor laceration. He was advised on how to pursue charges.

Chelsea L. Saling, Huston Street, reported July 1 it was discovered that an unknown male had one of her bank checks in his possession.

Terry A. Simms, no address, was charged July 8 with criminal trespass after entering a residence, unwelcomed, along Sherwood Avenue.

Donald R. Steed, Ohio Avenue, reported July 7 a shed in his yard was entered and several items were taken.

John Torma, Etruria Street, reported July 7 a utility shed in his backyard was entered and several pieces of equipment were taken.

Robert H. Hill, no address, reported July 2 he was receiving several emails and text messages from his ex-girlfriend and was concerned for her safety. Hill advised police as to where he believed she was located, along West 4th Street. Police spoke to the woman who advised she was OK, her phone needed charged, and she was in no condition to drive. The woman left the area with Hill.

East Liverpool Police

The owner of East End Lumber, Harvey Avenue, reported June 20 that a man came in talking on a cell phone and began walking up and down the aisles, watching where employees were located. He then grabbed $224 from the register and ran out of the store. The owner later identified the man as the same person pictured in the newspaper as wanted by police for another crime.

A Fair Street resident reported a 43-inch flat screen taken from her home. The resident’s name was not included in the report.