Wellsville Police Reports for 6-17

Police responded to Independence Square at 4:45 p.m. June 5 regarding an assault. Resident Stacey Stanley claimed that her neighbor, Sadie Jo Allen, had assaulted her during an argument in front of Stanley’s home, shoving her and causing her to run into her front concrete step. When asked by police, Allen admitted to the act, saying Stanley had provoked her. Allen was arrested and cited for assault.

Officers received a call at 6 p.m. May 17 from Michelle Merritt of East Liverpool, who recently moved there from a Main Street apartment in Wellsville. Merritt told police that several personal items had been removed from the apartment during her move, including a laptop computer, an Xbox 360 game system and numerous games. She also asserted that her ex-boyfriend is likely responsible.

Jamie Boyle of Ninth Street reported at 9:30 p.m. June 7 that someone had scratched her 2012 Acura SUV with a key or other sharp item while it was parked in front of her residence. Police observed two scratches running nearly the length of the vehicle’s passenger side.

Early on the morning of June 8, another pair of “keying” incidents were reported. The 2013 Ford Focus of Brian Davis has been scratched along the passenger side while parked curbside in the 1200 block of Main Street. Also with a damaging complaint was Justin Wright, who stated his 2014 Ford Explorer had been also been scratched on the passenger side while parked at the curb in the same vicinity of Main Street. The following evening, Wright reported that his vehicle had again been vandalized at the same address, this time with a black permanent marker, on the passenger side.

At 11 p.m. June 7, an officer on radar patrol at 11th and Commerce streets noticed flames in the area of 10th and Commerce. Arriving at Commerce Street, he found a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier engulfed in flames. The village fire department was called and extinguished the fire. An accelerant appeared to have been poured near the left-front of the vehicle, which was owned by Sherry Scarabino. Witnesses noted a male wearing a hooded sweatshirt, camouflage shorts and a ball cap throw something at the car before fleeing toward Center Street, but a search of the area turned up negative. The vehicle was turned over to the state fire marshal for processing, and the incident is under investigation.

Police were dispatched to My Bar, 358 Main St., at 12:41 a.m. June 7 for a disturbance call. Upon arrival, they spoke with bar owner Roy Larkins, who had been punched in the face and left unconscious. Larkins, with a swollen jaw and bleeding from the mouth, said he could not remember the incident. Witnesses stated an unidentified black male had punched Larkins after he had used racial slurs inside the establishment. Larkins was taken to East Liverpool City Hospital by Tri-County Ambulance.