Columbiana County Sheriff reports for 5-30

Amber Schultheis reported there was a domestic dispute on Woodsdale Road, Salem, at 9:18 p.m. Wednesday. Deputies were met at the house by her father, who wanted his son to leave but he was refusing to return the key to the father’s motor vehicle. The son returned the vehicle keys by the time a deputy arrived, and the father said there was no longer any problem. Deputies told the father a dispute over a vehicle key is not something to call the sheriff’s office about.

Someone by the name of Caesar called about a domestic dispute at the trailer park on Kirk Road, New Waterford, at 2:55 p.m. Wednesday. Upon arrival, the deputy was met by Caesar, who told him a friend named Shawn had called them as a joke. Caesar said Shawn had already left, and he did not know his last name or exactly where he lives. The deputy wanted to contact Shawn, who could be charged with filing a false report.

Lillian from Family Dollar in Lisbon called Wednesday afternoon after receiving what she suspected to be a counterfeit $20 bill. The deputy inspected the $20 bill, which appeared to be legitimate, but the store manager intends to have it inspected by bank personnel.

A deputy was called to a domestic dispute on Case Road, Beloit, at 10 p.m. Wednesday, where a woman reported her boyfriend was drunk and throwing things about inside the home. The woman was outside along with some neighbors when the boyfriend, Allen R. Reed, came out of the house and starting yelling across the road, Reed, 39, was told to stay inside while the deputy was interviewing the people outside. Afterwards, Reed was told to remain inside for the night or he would be arrested. The deputy left but circled back and saw Reed outside in the yard yelling. Reed was arrested on the spot for public intoxication/disorderly conduct.

Tara Reed, Pine Hollow Road, Rogers, reported at 9:32 p.m. Wednesday receiving harassing text messages from a woman named Lynn.

John Anderson, Pine Hollow Road, Rogers, reported at 7:36 p.m. Wednesday Kathleen Kearns was causing problems, and he wanted her to leave. Anderson said during the dispute Kearns broke a window with a shovel. Before the deputy arrived, Anderson called back to say Kearns had left and he did not want to pursue charges.