Lisbon Police Reports for 4-27

Don Lucido showed at the Rite Aid at 6:21 p.m. Sunday asking for ambulance, and police arrived and stayed until an ambulance arrived.

Theren Pearson is believed to have had a seizure while pulling into a parking space on East Lincoln Way at 8 p.m. Sunday, stepping on the accelerator instead of the brake and striking the building. He was not seriously injured but was transported to the hospital in Salem.

A driver and his passenger were charged with unrelated offenses following a traffic stop on Monday afternoon on Saltwell Road. The driver, James W. Straight, was charged with speeding and driving under suspension. His passenger, Joshua Hoover, 29, Brown Street, was charged with possessing instruments of drug abuse and tampering with evidence. Hoover is accused of possessing two hypodermic needles he tried to hide behind the front tire of the van parked in the county municipal court parking lot. He also allegedly threw two spoons with heroin residue onto the curb lawn next to the van.

Cindy Harvey of Apple Grove apartments reported at 8:47 p.m. April 17 someone tried to break into her apartment after she found a window screen was bent as if someone tried to pry it open. The window was bent but the officer did not observe any footprints in the dirt outside her window.

A complaint of neighbors yelling on East Lincoln Way was received at 8:33 p.m. April 17. Police spoke with Robert J. Davis and Anastasha Blinn, who said they were arguing but it was nothing serious. The parties were advised to keep the noise down.

Candice and Curtis Smith, West Washington Street, called at 5:11 p.m. April 18 in regard to someone taking their 8-year-old daughter without permission. Jeanette R. Weibush said her daughter was playing with the Smith girl, and when it was time to go home the Smith’s daughter asked to go with Weibush, who said she thought the Smiths knew. Weibush said she returned Smith’s daughter immediately. The Smiths said they have never even met Weibush let alone give her permission to take their daughter. The Smiths declined to press charges as long as Weibush leaves their daughter alone.

Police responded to a reported suicide threat on West Chestnut Street at 12:50 a.m. April 19, where they spoke with a couple who had been arguing. They both accused the other of threatening to commit suicide, and police said neither appeared to be suicidal. The male had scratches on his neck and chest, and the female said she inflicted them when he pinned her down. Neither party wished to file charges.

A caller reported seeing a pickup truck parked in Pilmer’s Autoparts at 10:53 p.m. April 8, and the officer saw a truck matching the description leaving the parking lot. The officer pulled the truck over and spoke to the driver, 34-year-old Matthew D. Soldo, Hilltop Drive, who he said he was waiting for a friend in the parking lot but they never showed up. Soldo was cited for driving with a suspended license.

A resident of the American Boarding Home on North Market Street came to the police departments on Monday to report he was having suicidal thoughts and no one would help him. An ambulance was summoned, and while they were waiting the officer asked the man what happened when they transported him to the hospital two days before. The man said a supervisor at the boarding home signed him out an this happens all of the time.

A vehicle being driven by a Mrs. Vangessen ran out of gas at the intersection of North Beaver and North Market streets at 4:15 p.m. Monday, and police had it towed after she was unable to get anyone to bring her gas.

Police responded to suicide threats on Pritchard Avenue at 6:35 p.m. Monday and advised the female’s mother what was going on and told her she needed to take her to hospital.

Crystal Viznicky, West Lincoln Way, reported Monday neighbor Jay Farrow comes to her home all hours of the day and returns even after being told he is unwelcome. An officer spoke with Farrow and warned him the next time he could be charged.

Police responded to suicide threats at the American Boarding Home on North Market Street 6:54 p.m. Tuesday. An officer remained until an ambulance crew arrived.