Woman flown to hospital following severe beating

EAST LIVERPOOL – A Moore Street woman was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital Friday night after being severely beaten in her home, allegedly by a man officers said has beaten her in the past.

Officers were called to the Fawcett Apartments for a man beating a woman and said they knocked on the door but a man inside kept asking who was there, refusing to answer the door.

They reported the tenant, Lisa C. Taylor, 52, screamed that she wanted him out of her apartment, repeating several times that he had “beat the (expletive) out of me.”

Officers opened the door to find Scott A. McKinnon, 52, College Street, standing in the kitchen in his underwear, covered in blood. When they asked what was going on, officers said Taylor stepped out from behind a wall, naked and bleeding profusely from her face, again accusing McKinnon of beating her.

McKinnon denied hitting her, telling officers she fell down, according to reports, and when officers asked how his right hand had become bruised and swollen, McKinnon told them he had been drinking and fell down.

In photographs provided by police Sunday that were too graphic to publish, Taylor was shown to have severe injuries to her face, with her left eyelid nearly severed and hanging onto her cheek.

They also provided older photographs of her with similar facial injuries they said had been inflicted during a previous attack by McKinnon, who they said has a lengthy criminal record. That record, produced by officers, showed several arrests for domestic violence, assault and other crimes.

McKinnon was charged with felonious assault and was being held without bond Sunday, awaiting an appearance in East Liverpool Municipal Court. Officers reported that, en route to the police department, McKinnon said Taylor had taken all of his money and “blew it on God knows what” and that she “deserved far worse than what he did to her,” saying he also stated, “I should have killed the filthy (expletive).”

Taylor was transported by Tri-County Ambulance to a waiting medical helicopter, according to police.