Wellsville Police for 7-4

June 26

8:52 a.m. – Police were dispatched to the Cedar Alley home of Mike Jackson, who told officers that a computer and a pair of monitors were stolen from the house. He believes someone used a ladder to enter an upstairs window, and then left through the back door.

June 22

4:29 p.m. – Police responded to reports of suspicious activity in the area of Riverside Avenue and Mulberry Alley, where a suspect matching the description, later identified as John Jarvis of Eighth Street, was seen walking on Seventh Street towards Main. Jarvis broke into a run when he spotted police and was chased across Main Street, back to Riverside before running into the Wellsville Laundromat on Main Street, where he was captured with a large amount of change in his pockets. Jarvis was identified by a witness who said he had attented to enter his vehicle. Jarvis was arrested and charged with obstructing official business and found to have a pair of felony warrants from the county sheriff.

June 21

4:51 a.m. – Police responded to 537 Broadway Ave., where Kaylynn Keener told officers her ex-boyfriend, John P. Dunlap, began to hit her during an argument. Dunlap was located there or at his Ninth Street residence. Keener was taken by Tri-County Ambulance to East Liverpool City Hospital for injuries to her nose and face.

June 17

11:09 p.m. – Police were dispatched to the Danbury Avenue home of Ronald Greathouse, who told officers that a 60-inch television and its remote control were stolen from his house between 10 a.m. and 8:40 p.m. that day.

June 7

No time – Gary D. Zimmerman of East Liverpool told police that between 5 and 7 p.m. on June 5, a .32-caliber revolver, a GPS system and a radar detector were taken from his unlocked 2008 Dodge Nitro as it was parked in front of First Christian Church, 831 Main St.

7:11 p.m. – Police located James K. Harris of Salineville at Fourth and Lisbon streets following reports of an impaired driver. Harris told police he ran off the road on 10th Street and struck a ditch while tuning his vehicle radio. Officers observed damage to the front of the vehicle and a flat spare tire on the front left. His speech was slow but no signs of alcohol could be detected. Harris was taken to his mother’s home on Broadway where he could call for a tow truck. Instead, police received a call from his mother, stating Harris had taken muscle relaxers and departed for Lisbon Street to retreive his vehicle. Officers stopped Harris at Ninth Street and Broadway. Harris denied taking any drugs when first asked by police, but soon admitted to having taken two Diazepam earlier. Harris was arrested and charged with physical control while under the influence, driving under suspension and driving an unsafe vehicle.