3 plead guilty in Big Oak case

LISBON — Three men charged in the Operation Big Oak indictment pleaded guilty to the charges against them on Friday in Columbiana County Common Pleas Court.

The first man, Brian Bloor, 43, Dunn Road, East Liverpool, entered a stipulated plea agreement and was immediately sentenced to four years in prison.

Bloor, also known as B and Rap, pleaded guilty to engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, four counts of aggravated trafficking in drugs, two counts of trafficking in heroin, corrupting another with drugs, two counts of trafficking in cocaine, having weapons while under a disability and aggravated trafficking in heroin.

Bloor’s drug-related crimes occurred mainly between July 15, 2014 and Aug. 11, 2017 when, according to court documents, he was serving as a “runner/middleman dealer” and as a customer for others indicted in the Big Oak indictment.

Court documents also credit Bloor with getting Josh Gallimore breathing again after he and another woman sold fentanyl to Gallimore, causing him to overdose at a Liverpool Road home on July 13, 2017.

Several of the charges dealt with the sale of heroin, cocaine, fentanyl and carfentanyl on several occasions. The charges Bloor pleaded guilty to ranged from first-degree to fifth-degree felonies.

Another man indicted as part of Operation Big Oak, Mack Griffin, 28, East Cleveland, pleaded guilty to a single charge trafficking in heroin and was sentenced to a year in prison with the term to run concurrently with his sentence in another recent case, in which Griffin was sentenced to a year in prison for two counts of possession of drugs, assault and intimidation of a witness.

Ed Sprouse, 55, Applegate Road, Lisbon, pleaded guilty to two charges — aggravated trafficking in drugs and trafficking in cocaine.

According to court documents, 14 sales were made from Sprouse’s home on March 2, 2017. Sprouse was selling less than the bulk amount of fentanyl, as well as offering to sell cocaine or a compound containing less than five grams of cocaine on the same date.

Sentencing is set for May 7. He is facing up to two and a half years in prison and a $7,500 fine.