Five dogs were killed by a fire Friday after a heat lamp ignited in a shed on Millrock Road. Negley Fire Chief Gary Banicki said his department, alongside East Palestine and New Waterford, responded to the fire at 6145 Millrock Road shortly after 10:30 a.m. and found the shed fully engulfed. A heat lamp was on inside the small wooden shed to keep the dogs warm. The lamp apparently ignited hay or straw that was also in the shed, he said. The shed and dogs were owned by John Byler, Banicki added. The three departments responded to the fire as part of their mutual aid agreement and crews were back at their stations at 11:21 a.m. (Photo courtesy of East Palestine Fire Department)