County Department of Job and Family Services hosts informational fair
LISBON – There is plenty of information out there for those in need. But unfortunately few are taking advantage of it. Many people are unaware of where to get assistance.
For one day – from 9 a.m. to noon July 31 -the Columbiana County Department of Job and Family Services (CCDJFS) will have it all, or at least most of it, in one place at the Quarterly Information Fair. The fair is located in the Government Services Building, 7989 Dickey Drive Suite 2, Lisbon.
From employment opportunities to medical care and housing, over 25 Columbiana County businesses and charities will be at the CCDJFS to answer questions posed by those who need it. The public is welcome to come to this free event to learn more about the services around them.
The fair was started last November, and has averaged about 100 people each time, with the number steadily growing. Amy Fargo, CCDJFS’s Public Outreach Specialist, says that some people don’t come because they are embarrassed to be seen seeking help from these services and that need not be the case. She added that many people fall under unfortunate circumstances and that it is usually not their fault.
“If people would just see that there are other people like them, I think more would be OK with coming here,” she said. “Most people don’t realize it’s not their fault they’ve worked all their lives and got laid off.” She encourages people to use their services, they are there to help and there should be no shame or embarrassment in coming and doing so.
“It’s in these times of hardship and unemployment a large number of people and families find themselves needing some of the services provided by the agencies, businesses, and charities in our area. The CCDJFS asks that you please take the time to come to the fair and see what is available to you right here in Columbiana County,” Fargo said.
Columbiana County Department of Job and Family Services (CCDJFS) will be hosting its quarterly In-house Informational Fair featuring 27 county agencies, businesses, charities and other groups. The event is free and open to the public. It will be held at CCDJFS, 7989 Dickey Drive Suite 2 in Lisbon from 9 a.m.-1p.m. Wednesday, July 31.
Scheduled participants sharing information are:
– American Red Cross
– Catholic Charities /Christina House
– CCCTC-Columbiana Co. Career & Tech Ctr. –
– Columbiana Co Dept. of Job & Family
– Columbiana County General Health District
– Community Action Agency of CC -CARTS
– Community Action Agency of CC CREDIT
– Community Action Agency of CC HEAD
– Community Action Agency of CC HEALTH C
– Community Action Agency of CC HEAP
– Community Legal Aid Services, Inc.
– Family and Community Services of
– Habitat for Humanity Northern CC
– Help Hotline Crisis Center/Tri-County Family
Violence Prevention Coalition
– Humane Society of Columbiana County
– Lifeline of Columbiana County
– Ohio Attorney General Office of Youngstown
– Ohio Benefit Bank
– Ohio Valley Home Health Services, Inc.
– One Stop – MCTA
– Opportunity Homes Inc.
– OSHIIP-OH Senior Health Insurance Info.
– Rainbow Counseling Center, Inc.
– Salem Area Visiting Nurses Association
– Social Security Administration Office ELO
– The Way Station
– Windsor House at Parkside Health Care